Hello! Welcome to November.
I hope you had a fun Halloween!
I keep trying to hide the excess candy until my kids forget about it so I can safely dispose of it.
Of course, only after I’m certain all the Twix are gone. 😉
If you found yourself indulging on more candy than planned, know that your body will be craving more in these days after.
Which brings me to a few rules for combatting those CRAVINGS…
- Remove the temptation! At least get it off the counter and out of sight.
- Drink some water first (as dehydration shows up as hunger) and wait about 10 minutes. You may find that you’ve moved on to something else once the 10 minutes are up and you won’t even remember being hungry.
- Make sure you’re eating complex carbs (lots of vegetables) vs. refined carbs (bread, pasta, chips/crackers).
- Ensure your body isn’t nutrient deficient by taking a high-quality multivitamin. Sadly, even if we eat an optimal diet of mostly plant foods and high quality meat and fish, it’s extremely difficult to get the optimal levels of nutrients with food alone.
Okay, so let’s get on with it…
Here is your weekly roundup!
Maybe it’s a Midwest thing but as far as quick, easy recipes go…casserole is where it’s at.
And this one looks like comfort food city. 😉
Not to mention my kids probably won’t even grumble about the cauliflower since they’ll be distracted by all the cheesy goodness.
And, the Low Carb Maven has included a list of the many ways you can use these beauties….including, as a base for eggs benedict? YES, PLEASE!
I’m sure these would be great if you bake them as well!
Dill sauce…aka tatziki!!! It’s too easy and will absolutely take your salmon (or salmon cakes) from ho hum to out of this world, guest worthy. All on a weeknight;)
And it’s great as is OR, as she suggests, one that you can add other vegetables to.
RESOURCE OF THE WEEK:
PREVENTIONISTA’S TIP: Always use the highest quality ingredients. This includes:
- organic, as much as possible
- wild-caught fish and seafood
- free-range, organic eggs and poultry
- grass-fed beef
Now, go forth and take charge in your kitchen.
And if you like this weekly roundup, share it with a friend.
Have a great week!